Tuesday 29 October 2013

Hiatus

Apologies for the blog hiatus; normal service will, I am sure, be resumed very soon.
My hitherto indestructible mother finally succumbed, in the early hours of this morning, to her 92 years. It was a calm and peaceful death - a good death, ending a good life, one that, until very recently, had been rich, active, happy and fulfilled. She was (as she frequently professed) more than ready to go; she had had her life and was impatient with the tedious coda. Requiem aeternam...

8 comments:

  1. My deepest condolences to you and to you family, Nige.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terribly sorry Nige. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thoughts, sympathies and good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eternal rest indeed, Nige. May God keep her, and you, in his merciful care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nige, may I offer my deepest sympathy, a sad loss indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sorry to hear that, Nige. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete